g+

Saturday 10 October 2009

So what's next ?


So far in this blog we have covered a fairly eclectic mix of topics.For the coming few months I will try to guide readers through the delights of the Bulgarian winter.

For the uninitiated I had better inform you that a continental climate is a capricious mistress.In the summer it is hot and alluring, in the winter it is cold and spurning.

Temperatures here go from 35c to minus 35c (with wind chill) and the once bustling coast becomes deserted.

What I hope to do is to show those interested what it is like to go through a Bulgarian winter and what you have to be prepared to face and, conversely, what you need to survive it.

I do not of course mean literally to survive, this is Europe after all, but rather what the flip side of living in Bulgaria is outside of the beach mentality.

This is after all not Spain, and anybody contemplating coming here to live full time or even visiting here in the winter needs to understand what to expect.

I will be covering this in my usual warts and all style, so we shall have the roaring log fires and the feasts but also the cold.... bbrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I also continue to need feedback from you readers. So if you want any topic covered you think I have missed or mentioned in insufficient depth please let me know.

Uncle

No comments:

Post a Comment