g+

Sunday 14 October 2012

Sofia

I have just returned from a business trip to Sofia.I have been there often, and love exploring each time.I enjoy it around Vitosha Boulevard, a little like Bulgaria's answer to Oxford Street.There are lots of bars and restaurants at reasonable prices.I travelled on the Metro which is great,modern, and cheap at 1 lev a journey.

Please be careful with the taxi's, one of our party was charged 80lv for a journey which really cost about 12lv. It is best to call a taxi .You can dial OKSupertrans and they have English speaking operators.

There are also a wide range of hotels starting from 30lv up to 250lv.

One thing I do find about Sofia is that it is very tired looking, and really 3 days is the maximum I would recommend spending there before you run out of things to do/see.

No comments:

Post a Comment