g+

Sunday 31 January 2010

Drip, Drip, Drip !

Well readers the Great Snow of 2010 is now over and the Great Thaw begins.My garden is slowly but surely turning into slush and the snow is gradually sliding off my roof a great slice of it is perching precariously off the edge and I dont want to be under it or else I will look like someone off a Mack Sennett silent movie !.(stop press there was just a loud bang and the snow and ice fell off)

So by tomorrow the roads will be flooded, and the benefit of taking off your shoes when you enter a house will become all too apparent.

I do hope that we have had the worst of the winter weather, but we have February to get through yet and I would not count upon it.

My hermit like existence in the past three weeks has not been helped by the fact that the satellite tv has started to take on a mind of its own, caused mainly by the icy winds knocking the dish out of kilter, so now it has to be manually adjusted every time I move satellites.

The village also ran out of most foodstuffs, the exception being bread.The bread van struggled through here every day which was a remarkable achievement.I now understand the national obsession with pickling everything; pickled runner beans and chillies are actually very nice.

More on the thaw later !.

No comments:

Post a Comment